Monday, 28 November 2011
Sunday, 27 November 2011
This exam is for my Monday/Wednesday 4:00pm students only.
Brian will ask five (5) of these questions.
1) Take a message from Brian for ----. Ask appropriate questions and repeat the message at the end.
2) When have you felt ______________(annoyed/ frustrated/ ...)?
3) "IDIOM" - How do I feel?
Idiom - I got steamed up. I blew up. You're driving me up the wall.
4) Describe a class to me. How do you feel about it and why?
5) Tell me about your character.
6)What kind of person would you like to date (for your teacher, for your roommate)?
7) What kind of place would you like to live in (work in, visit...)?
8) What would you do if __________(Brian gave you an A+)?
9) How did ______(your blind date, you job interview, your project, your presentation)___ go?
10) Give advice. I'm __(really nervous)__. What would you do if you were in my shoes?
Sunday, 13 November 2011
Then go here to see if the animal matches your personality.
another personality questionaire here.
Are you masculine or feminine?
Tuesday, 8 November 2011
From: My Place For English.
Match the sentences containing English idioms of mood/emotion (in bold) with the adjectives above:
1.- When I received the concert tickets for Muse I was on cloud nine!
2.- When my sister opened her birthday card and a cheque fell out she was tickled pink.
3.- When my brother returned home from the pub late last night I could see that he was pie-eyed.
4.- When I was waiting to go on stage to perform in front of the whole school I had butterflies in my stomach.
5.- When I finished my twelve hour shift at the supermarket I was completely zonked out.
6.- When Alan Forrester looked me in the eye at registration this morning I went weak at the knees.
7.- When my brother kept playing the same Rihanna song over and over again at full volume I told him, "You're driving me up the wall!"
8.- When I went on the Big One rollercoaster at Blackpool Pleasure Beach my heart was in my mouth.
9.- When my brother wouldn't stop going on about problems with his love life I told him not to be such a moaning Minnie.
10.- When my dad came home from work and just slumped in his armchair without saying a word, I asked him, "Why the long face?"